Clujana’s history starts more than a century ago in 1911 in the heart of Transylvania. During its long history the factory changed several names, from it’s original “Renner Bros & Co. Leather Factory” to the currently well-known brand name “Clujana”.
One thing, however, remained unchanged - the unmatched drive for quality. After being nationalized in 1948, Clujana managed to become the top manufacturer of footwear in communist Romania.
By the ‘80s, it attains the status of the biggest factory of its kind in Eastern Europe with a hefty contribution to the country’s exports.
In 1999, ten years after the fall of the communist regime, the factory is closed amid public outcry against this decision; due to poor management the factory accumulated unmanageable debt. Such was the power of this brand that no more than five years later the factory was re-opened, albeit with a much reduced production capacity.
Since then, Clujana has experienced constant growth and expansion.